We are delighted to once again be offering free meditation classes for the community. The classes cover many meditation techniques and provide insights into the importance of a daily meditation practice. If we can remain deeply connected to the inner world of peace, light and joy, the turmoils of the outer world will have little affect on us.
PEPPERMINT GROVE/ COTTESLOE
The Grove Community Centre (in the Library complex).
Corners of Leake St and Stirling Highway, Peppermint Grove
Tuesdays September 1, 8, 15
(plenty of secure car parking underneath. Enter in from Leake Street)
Class giver: Anubha
Melville Leisure Centre
Cnr Canning Highway and Stock Road, Meeting Room 5
Thursdays September 3, 10, 17
Class giver: Grahak
SCARBOROUGH LEISURE CENTRE
173 Gildercliffe Street, Scarborough (Meeting Room 1)
Mondays September 7, 14, 21
Class giver: Prabuddha
White Gum Valley (near Fremantle)
Sullivan Hall, 2 Nannine Avenue, White Gum Valley
Mondays October 5, 12, 19
Class giver: Grahak
FAQ ~ answered.
- Yes, registration is required for the classes! (You just need to register for the course just once, not each week).
- Yes, If you register for a class and can not attend we would appreciate it if you can inform us before the class (with a text with your name to 045 009 2708 or via the website).
- Sure, if you miss a week just come along the following week.
- No need to bring a mat or cushion. For all classes we will be sitting on chairs.
- Yes, we have books and music by Sri Chinmoy are available for purchase at the class to support your progress with your meditation.
- Yes, all the classes are always free of charge. The Sri Chinmoy Centre covers the cost of the classes as a service to the community to support humanity’s quest for peace.
- Yes, after the introductory classes we have continuation classes. Details are given at the final week of the course.
- Yes, children are welcome if they are accompanied by a parent and are able to sit still in a class situation.
We are looking forward to seeing you. 🙂
“During my meditation what do I enjoy? I enjoy the breath of my soul’s beauty.”
~ Sri Chinmoy